PATTERN ASSEMBLY INSTRUCTIONS ONLY:
Individual square patterns are NOT included, but links to the individual square patterns are included. These square patterns are either free on the website or you can purchase the PDF via the links.
THIS IS AN ORIGINAL PATTERN. Please see my Copyright Statement for details.
Difficulty level of the squares range from Level 1 Beginner to Level 3 Intermediate.
Difficulty level for the poncho assembly is Level 2 Advanced Beginner/Easy.
Each square pattern (see links above or PDFs if you purchased them or obtained them during the CAL) provides instructions for a 7″x7″ square and an 8″X8″ square.
The poncho can be made in two sizes – small and large – that works for all sizes XS – 5X. Thus, it is a “two-sizes fit all” project.
***You will need to duplicate 6 squares of your choice to assemble the poncho. So, make one each of 18 squares and make 2 each of 6 squares for a total of 30 squares.
Extra small (XS), Small (S), Medium (M), and Large (L) = Small Poncho; make 30 – 7″ x 7″ squares.
Small Poncho finished dimensions are 32″ from shoulder to tip not including trim. Arm length is 20″ not including trim.
Extra large (XL), 1X, 2X, 3X, 4X, 5X = Large Poncho; make 30 – 8″ x 8″ squares.
Large Poncho finished dimensions are 36″ from shoulder to tip not including trim. Arm length is 23″ not including trim.
NOTE: Trim adds approximately 0.5″ around bottom of the poncho and around the neckline of the poncho.
Constructions schematics provided in PDF
- This pattern is designed by creating multiple granny squares.
- These squares are assembled into two large pieces of fabric.
- The two large pieces of fabric are then folded & seamed to create the poncho.
Assembly instructions written in US terminology. Below are skills needed for the poncho assembly only – other skills may be needed for individual squares.
- Slip stitch (slp-st)
- Single crochet (sc)
- Single crochet 2 together (sc2tog) – Instructions provided in PDF.
Yarnspirations Red Heart Super Saver, medium 4 worsted weight, 100% acrylic, 364 yds / 333 m, 7 oz / 198 g.
Colors: Real Teal, Charcoal, & Aran – 2 skeins for Small & Large Poncho Sizes
Total yardage per color: 728 yds / 666 m
Yarnspirations Red Heart Super Saver, medium 4 worsted weight, 100% acrylic, 236 yds / 215 m, 5 oz / 141 g.
Colors: Grey Heather – 2 skeins for Small Poncho & 3 skeins for Large Poncho.
Total yardage: 472 yds / 430 m to 708 yds / 645 m.
Total poncho yardage:
2656 yds / 2428 m to 2892 yds / 2643 m.
Medium 4 worsted weight yarn
- Crochet Hook sizes US 7/4.50 to US H/8 5.50 mm or whatever hook is necessary to obtain the correct gauge for each square.
- Measuring tape Stitch markers (optional)
- Tapestry needle for weaving in ends
- Pattern has been tested for accuracy by multiple pattern testers.
- Pattern can be found for free on the blog HERE.
- Find more free patterns, tutorials, courses HERE.
- Join my Crochet Community on Facebook HERE.
Follow me on social media on the following sites: