THIS IS AN ORIGINAL PATTERN. Please see my Copyright Statement for details.
Level 3 – Intermediate
Pattern is made based on the Crafty Yarn Council’s Women Size Standards for each size listed in the charts in pattern.
All measurements are approximate, measured flat pre-wear, and are provided in inches and centimeters and designed to fit women’s sizes according to the Garment Measurements Charts in pattern.
Please be sure to take your own body measurements and let those measurements serve as your guide. If you measure between sizes, please use the instructions for the next size up.
Construction schematics provided in PDF
- This pattern is constructed by creating a large ring and working the main body in rounds until a large tube forms.
- Neckline is added, condensing the large ring until the hole at the top is smaller, but still wide enough for the head and neck.
- Border is added along the hem of the capelet.
- Optional collar is added.
Instructions written in US terminology. UK to US Conversion chart is provided in pattern.
- Back Post Only (BPO)
- Front Loop Only (FLO)
- Back Loop Only (BPO)
- Slip stitch (slp-st)
- Chain stitch (ch / chs)
- Single crochet (sc)
- Double crochet (dc)
- Front post double crochet (FPDC) – full instructions provided in pattern.
- Back post double crochet (BPDC) – full instructions provided in pattern.
- Mini-basket weave stitch – full instructions provided in pattern.
- Crab stitch / Reverse single crochet (rev sc) – full instructions provided in pattern.
- Double crochet 2 together (dc2tog) – full instructions provided in pattern.
KnitPicks/We Crochet Brava, bulky weight 5, 100% premium acrylic, 136 yards / 100 grams in color Denim.
*provided requirements are estimates only
- Yardage provided below are for the collarless capelet. Add one extra ball for each collar, split-collar and/or turtleneck collar.
Extra small (XS) – 4 balls = 550yds / 502.92m
Small (S) – 5 balls = 594yds / 543.2m
Medium (M) – 5 balls = 637yds / 582.5m
Large (L) – 5 balls = 680yds / 621.8m
Extra large (XL) – 6 balls = 733yds / 670.3m
2X – 6 balls = 777yds / 710.5m
3X – 7 balls = 825yds / 754.4m
4X – 7 balls = 873yds / 798.3m
5X – 7 balls = 916yds / 837.6m
Total yardage: 550yds / 502.92m to 916yds / 837.6m
Bulky 5 weight yarn
- Crochet Hook size K/10.5 6.50 mm or whatever hook is necessary to obtain the correct gauge.
- Measuring tape
- Stitch markers (optional)
- Tapestry needle for weaving in ends
- Pattern has been tested for accuracy by multiple pattern testers.
- Find more free patterns, tutorials, courses HERE.
- Join my Crochet Community on Facebook HERE.
Follow me on social media on the following sites:
There are no reviews yet.