THIS IS AN ORIGINAL PATTERN. Please see my Copyright Statement for details.
Level 4 – Advanced
Pattern is made based on the
Pattern is made based on the Crafty Yarn Council’s Head Circumference Chart for each size listed in the charts below:
for each size listed in the charts in pattern (infant to adult).
All measurements are approximate, measured flat pre-wear, and are provided in inches and centimeters and designed for sizes according to the Hat Measurements Charts in pattern.
Please be sure to take your own body measurements and let those measurements serve as your guide. If you measure between sizes, please use the instructions for the next size up.
Resources & Tutorials
Constructions schematics provided in PDF
- This pattern is constructed by creating a ribbed brim worked flat in rows.
- Brim is folded so that the two short edges align.
- Brim is seamed to create a large ring
- The main body of the hat is worked in Joined, unturned rounds along the top edge of the brim.
- As the hat grows, it will create a square/rectangle tube.
- A tapestry needle with yarn attached is inserted and pushed around the top edge of the beanie.
- As the needle is pulled out it will cinch the top of the hat.
- A tapestry needle attached to yarn is used to seam the small hole left in the top of the beanie after cinching the top edge together.
- Optional pom pom is added once the top hole is sealed.
Assembly instructions written in US terminology. UK to US Conversion chart is provided in pattern.
Leafhopper cluster (LCL) – *[yo, insert hook at front and from right to left behind stem of st before next st, yo, draw loop through and up to the height of htr (see Appendix A on page 14) ] twice, yo, draw through 4 loops*, skip next st, rep from * to * around stem of next st, yo, draw through all 3 loops on hook.
Double crochet 2 together (dc2tog) – yo, insert hook into the first st, yo, pull through one loop, yo, pull through 2 loops, yo, insert hook into next st, yo, pull through one loop, yo, pull through 2 loops, yo, pull through all 3 loops on hook.
KnitPicks/We Crochet Swish, Worsted weight 1 (100% Superwash Merino Wool, 110 yds / 50 grams), in color Copper.
*provided requirements are estimates only
Preemie – Toddler – 1 balls = 110yds / 101m
Child – Teen/Sm Adult – 2 balls = 220yds / 201m
Adult Lg/Mens – 3 balls = 330yds / 302m
Total yardage: 110yds / 101m to 330 yds / 302m
Medium 4 worsted weight yarn
- JoJoLand, Rythmn Superwash
- Dream in Color, Classy
- Ivy Rambles, Superwash Worsted
- KnitPicks Wool of the Andes Superwash
- Crochet Hook size H/8 5.00 mm or whatever hook is necessary to obtain the correct gauge.
- Measuring tape
- Stitch markers (optional)
- Tapestry needle
- Pattern has been tested for accuracy by multiple pattern testers.
- Pattern can be found for free on the blog HERE.
- Find more free patterns, tutorials, courses HERE.
- Join my Crochet Community on Facebook HERE.
Follow me on social media on the following sites: